After WWII, brothers Jim and Hub Hyde, born in a poor coal-mining town in Eastern Kentucky, moved to Hamilton, Ohio in search of work. In August 1946, they saved some money and brought an ice cream shop, which soon became Hyde’s Restaurant.
Over the years, the diner grew in size and menu – hamburgers and ice cream expanded to fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes, fish dinners, and then homemade pies. Hub Hyde continued to work until he no longer could, passing away in March 2006.
For the past 39 years, Mick has ensured Hyde’s success by bringing it forward with the times while maintaining the original feel of the restaurant – a place with charm, hospitality and simply great home-cooked food at a reasonable price. In 2005, Ashley and Amy stepped into the picture to help their Dad.